Pleasant loop across Surrey & West Sussex, start/finish at Box Hill (Rykas Cafe & bike meet). Busy at weekends with a lot of (slow moving) cars, not too bad during the week or early morning.
- Quick nip south through Dorking & along open dual carriageway to Billingshurst.
- Turn right onto A272 near Billingshurst (BP petrol / McDonalds).
- West along nice winding road towards Petworth.
- Straight over roundabout onto great single carriageway A285 south towards Chichester (my highlight of the route).
- Progressively more rural, some nice curves down the hill into South Harting village.
- Turn back east onto A272 at Petersfield, back towards Midhurst.
- Left at Midhurst onto some smaller roads, back north towards Guildford / Dorking.
Some surfaces a bit bumpy, so head to Haslemere from Petersfield if on stiffer sprung sportbike!